Thanks for thinking of HousingWire! We welcome content from industry leaders as OpEd for HousingWire’s Pulse Column or as commentary in HousingWire Magazine’s viewpoint section.
Please note that we do not, in general, accept unsolicited requests for publication. Our Pulse Column is invite-only.
For branded articles, content that reference a specific product or solution, and sponsored promotion / distribution, please check out HW Content Solutions.
We require that content is exclusive to HousingWire and has not been published elsewhere. And we are looking for thought leadership, not sales pitches. What is thought leadership? To start it should demonstrate expertise and answer a question that is top of mind for the industry and our audience, like:
- What is the impact of a relevant news event and what does it mean for the mortgage market?
- Can you identify pain points in the industry and offer ideas as solutions?
- What would you change about the market today, why and how?
Contributions for Pulse should be 350-700 words and no more than 1,200 words for HousingWire Magazine.
We consider each submission according to those guidelines, with an eye to how it informs and engages readers.
To that point, we also expect editorial contributors to be engage with readers in the HW+ Slack Channel and in HousingWire Community on Facebook.
As a recap:
- Contributed content must be exclusive to HousingWire. It cannot be published elsewhere.
- Contributed articles must demonstrate thought leadership. Content cannot be a sales pitch or be meant to market a company’s products or services. Content marketing with HW Content Solutions is the right channel for branded or promotional content.
- Editorial contributors are expected to share content on social channels and engage with readers in the HW+ Slack Channel and in HousingWire Community on Facebook.
- Contributions for the web should be 350-700 words and no more than 1,200 words for HousingWire Magazine.
- HousingWire’s editorial team will determine if content will be published, and may provide feedback on submissions.
NOTE: HousingWire Editorial reserves all rights to make any changes to the copy. Content is copy protected by HousingWire, but authors are free to share and republish with a link.
Ready to contribute?
Please send over your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Contributor Post” in the subject line. Also, make sure you include a short bio and a headshot for your author profile.